- ESXi Project Introduction
- ESXi Host Configuration Through vSphere
- ESXi Server 2012 Installation
- Windows Server 2012 Core to GUI
- Remote Access Server 2012
- Create a Domain in Microsoft Server 2012
- Powershell Bulk User Import in Server 2012
- Server 2012 Enable Remote Desktop (RDP) through Group Policy (GPO)
- Create Local Administrator Account through Group Policy (GPO)
- Create Local Administrator Security Group with GPO
Now that you have Server 2012 Core you might want to switch it over to have the full Graphical User Interface (GUI). With Server 2012 this is as simple as a single Powershell script.
- Log onto the server and launch Powershell by typing “powershell”.
- Type the command to install the GUI.
PowerShell1Install-WindowsFeature Server-Gui-Mgmt-Infra,Server- Gui-Shell –Restart
- Wait for the install to finish.
- Logon and you will have the full GUI again.
That’s all it takes to add the GUI back to your Server 2012 Core installation.